Prescription and OTC Services
We believe your time is valuable, therefore we strive to complete all prescription orders in a timely manner. We accept most major prescription insurance plans including Medicare and Kansas Medicaid. You have the option to call in your prescription refill(s) or enter your prescription numbers on our website. We offer mail and delivery services for a low fee. Call us to see if we have delivery in your area.
We also have a variety of over-the-counter medications, pharmaceutical grade supplements and vitamins. We take the time to ask the right questions to make sure you are getting the most accurate over-the-counter product.
What is Pharmaceutical Compounding?
Pharmaceutical compounding is the process in which one or more medications ordered by a physician or veterinarian are combined into a desirable and therapeutic form, unique to a patient's needs.
Some of the benefits of pharmaceutical compounding are:
- We can eliminate unwanted ingredients, such as alcohol, dyes, gluten, lactose and sugar.
- Convenient and easy-to-administer dosage forms
- Variety of strengths and dosage forms that are not commercially available.
We specialize in, but are not limited to:
- Customized Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Men's Health
- Pain Management
- Veterinary Medications
- Women's Health
Stark Edler Apothecary's compounding team are expertly trained to ensure excellent compounding technique. Our Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients are obtained from FDA approved facilities that operate under current Good Manufacturing Practices. These suppliers provide a Certificate of Analysis for each ingredient to guarantee quality and efficacy.
It is no secret that aging can take a toll on our bodies. As we get older, our bodies begin to deprive us of the hormones it so willingly produced in our teens and twenties. Hot flashes, night sweats, sleep deprivation, brain fog, low libido, and mood swings are just a few of the symptoms you may recognize as aging occurs.
One alternative to living with these symptoms is customized natural hormone replacement therapy. This therapy allows for each patient to receive dosing based on their individual needs and to select from several dosage forms available to deliver the medication.
These forms include:
- Rapid-Dissolving Tablets
- Transdermal Creams and Gels
- Vaginal Creams and Suppositories
Only the finest hormones are ordered from suppliers who are FDA registered and operate under current Good Manufacturing Practices. These suppliers provide a Certificate of Analysis for each one of the chemicals ordered to guarantee quality and efficacy.
Stark Edler Apothecary can assist veterinarians and pet owners with the complications they face in the pharmaceutical world for animals. Each animal species is as unique as the human species, requiring specific formulations, dosage forms, and flavors. By working closely with your veterinarian, we can prepare an easy-to-give dosage form that can overcome the following hurdles for your pet(s):
- Needing a strength or dosage form that is commercially unavailable
- Medications that are no longer available by the manufacturer
- Undesired flavors
- Additives or ingredients not tolerated by your pet
Some medications are dosage form specific for your pet to receive the highest level of therapeutic absorption. The compounding pharmacist works with the veterinarian to help the pet owner decide which dosage form is best suited for your pet. As medication administration can be stressful, we strive to create a good experience for both pets and their owners. See a list of our veterinary dosage forms below:
- Oral Capsules
- Still a popular option for the compliant pet. The medication will always be compounded into the smallest capsule possible and can often be prepared without unwanted preservatives or dyes.
- Transdermal Cream
- This is a great option for the finicky feline. A small amount of cream is massaged into the inner ear flap and absorbs through the skin into the bloodstream. We package this in a convenient easy-to-dose click pen.
- Oral Liquids
- As a versatile dosage form, an oral liquid can be administered directly into your pet’s mouth or mixed with food. Liquids allow for easy dosage adjustments and smaller quantities which are optimal for "pocket pets". We offer a variety of meat flavors including Bacon, Beef, Chicken, and Tuna as well as a variety of fruit flavors such as Banana, Cherry and Strawberry. Call us for a complete list of flavors!
- Chewy Treats
- These flavored, medicated treats are individually sealed to ensure freshness. Available flavors include Apple/Banana, Beef, Chicken, Peanut Butter/Banana, Salmon and Tuna. Let us know if you need a flavor not listed, and we will be happy to try to find it for you.
- Paw Paste
- A small amount of flavored paste can be applied to the top of the paw for the pet to lick off. This is a great option for felines, rabbits, and other self-grooming pets. Popular flavors are Chicken, Strawberry and Tuna.
- Rectal suppositories can be used for a variety of conditions when oral medications are not an option.