What is Pharmaceutical Compounding?
Pharmaceutical compounding is the process in which one or more medications ordered by a physician or veterinarian are combined into a desirable and therapeutic form unique to a patient’s needs. Here are a few benefits of pharmaceutical compounding:
- Make it possible to eliminate problem-causing ingredients such as dyes, lactose, sugar and alcohol
- Make medication convenient to administer
- More than one medication can be compounded together making the prescription convenient and more affordable
We specialize in but are not limited to:
- Veterinary Medicine
- Natural Hormone Replacement
- Pain Management
- Pediatric Medicine
- Other Women’s Health Products
Our state-of-the-art laboratory contains all the certified equipment needed to compound efficiently and effectively. We engage in a triple-check system to ensure correct dispensation. Stark Edler Apothecary’s team of compounding pharmacists and technicians are specially trained in many areas of compounding and have many years of experience. Only the finest of chemicals are ordered from suppliers who are FDA registered and operate under current Good Manufacturing Practices. These suppliers provide a Certificate of Analysis for each chemical to guarantee quality and efficiency.